Monday, July 24, 2006

Dog Days of Summer

Its a bit after 10:00pm here on the east coast in Jersey to be exact. I'm sitting here playing PokerStars.net and pretty much summer has come to a screeching hault. As with all things that loose their appeal, my assortment of VideoGames have become dull and stale. Nothing really keeps me occupied. I went to Barnes & Nobels today to pick up my Senior Self Help Book for Summer Reading. "How to think like Leonardo Da Vinci." I've read about 50 pages, so far, the book is really good. It takes a very light hearted tone to the entire thing but its very nice since I myself am a fan of Art History and a fan of all great minds, Da Vinci being high up there on the list next to Newton and Socrates.

In normal world of life there is really nothing to report. I've been regarded to sitting in front of my computer or lounging around the house reading. I also picked up my first copy of Ultimates Volume 1. It's intresting. Granted the artwork is what really catches my fancy more than the plot and story line but hey, its Captain America and Iron Man (Iron Man looks freaking awesome by the way).

A big hobby of mine during school is to observe people. I consider High School to be an advanced psycho trip through all of human emotion. Since I love to observe people I've got it down to a point where I talk constantly and though im talking, my eyes and my brain are doing other things, picking up every little nuiansnce of the person im speaking too. Its a fun little hobby. Summer doesnt really allow for nearly the amount of human interaction. Normally and I do stand by that I really dislike most humans, but that doesnt mean their not intresting. My friends are the ones I really adore though. All of them. And in a complete hetero way heh. What I mean by it is that they are really intresting in their own rights but more over, they have their own minds, they have their own ideas and conclusions which is really a heart warming thing to know. Perhaps i'm biased towards all the others in the world who I automatically disregard and they do have minds. Eh. This thought process only leads to being let down as ive noticed it happens every summer. I start to yearn for that human interaction, and then school comes around and I realize all my hopes for the race are fleeting. Sad day to live in the 21st century with all the technology in the world and a complete block of history to study from and yet the human race doesn't care. They just want their electronics to work, don't care how they work. Human curiosity is gone in favor of efficency and immideate satisfaction.

Dog Days of Summer, Dog Days of Life. Life goes on with you or without. One must pick. I feel as if I have to do something and get on the train and rejoin my fellow humans on the planet and leave this internal monologe state of none stop introspective thought. Dog Days of summer indeed. They make you go crazy in thought and leave only questions. Then again, how can one advance if questions are not brought up?

1 Comments:

At 3:15 PM , Blogger Theodore Cleaver said...

hm.. I chose "Coping with Vision Loss" as my self-help. I figure it'll give me an excuse to walk into walls. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home